Flexcoin Inc, the world’s first bitcoin bank takes security very seriously. We use a valid SSL Certificate (w/ 256-bit AES encryption) to encrypt all traffic via the banking / wallet client.
Though no one on earth can guarantee 100% security, it’s our feeling that no expense should be spared when building the infrastructure for dealing with moetary transactions. We live in the same world as you do. We’ve seen the reports about what bitcoin security and the issues the currency has faced.
Flexcoin Inc has allocated a significant amount of both time and money building the Flexcoin network’s infrastructure with security in mind. While building the Flexcoin client, we have emphasized the need for high security. With that being said, here are just a few guidelines to keep in mind while using Flexcoin…
1. If you’re trying to use the Flexcoin client and your browser’s address bar does not show the SSL "lock" icon, you’re likely not at our site
For added security, there is a separation between the www-version of the site (the one you’re currently reading) and the actual Flexcoin client. They are not on the same server cluster and use differing security standards.
We encrypt all data using latest encryption and we use appropriate firewall rules to filter out potential threats.
2. We will not send you any e-mail with links or images. EVER. If you get an e-mail that claims to be from Flexcoin and contains ANY links, it’s not from us. It’s really that simple.
3. If you find a bug, error, or security hole in our website or client, please notify us directly first. Once we’ve had the opportunity to correct the problem, then we (and you, too) can announce to the world that an issue with the site was found and corrected. Posting the exploit in a forum or advertising it to the world without first giving us the chance to rectify the situation doesn’t help anyone. If anything, it could potentially put others at risk.
4. Don’t give your Flexcoin password to anyone. We will never ask you for it (except when you’re trying to log into the Flexcoin client via our secure site, of course). Flexcoin Inc is NOT LIABLE for any losses incurred due to someone gaining access to your account via your password.
5. As a general rule of thumb – treat your Flexcoin account as you would your bank account. We have found that the hacking attempts at bitcoin-related sites greatly exceed that of actual banks.
6. If you forget your password (and need it reset), we need to have a valid e-mail address on file. Without a valid e-mail address, we cannot (and will not) help you recover a lost password. See the terms of service for more information.
7. Bitcoins deposited with Flexcoin will not be available for transfer until 15 confirmations have accrued on the bitcoin network.